Re: reference pages for libpq

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Robert B(dot) Easter" <reaster(at)comptechnews(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: reference pages for libpq
Date: 2001-02-10 22:20:58
Lists: pgsql-docs

Robert B. Easter writes:

> I don't see any reference (man) pages for the C API library (libpq). It's
> got ok html documentation but would it be a good idea to make man pages for
> that library too? Personally, I really like man page docs for programming
> libraries. However, I don't want to work on something no one else would want
> or that might just make documentation updating more difficult having two
> places to update if things change.

You could convert the function descriptions that are currently in an
<itemizedlist> into a sequence of <refentry>s. From that you can make man
pages. The flow in the HTML might become slightly awkward, though, so
some rewriting might be in order. The libpgtcl chapter is currently
organized that way (although we don't make man pages from it).

I say try and see how it looks.