pg_shadow.usecatupd attribute

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_shadow.usecatupd attribute
Date: 2001-01-23 20:23:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While I'm at it and before I forget the 76 places one needs to edit to
add/remove a system catalog column, what are people's feelings about the
usecatupd column?

The use of this field is that, if false, it disallows any direct
modification of system catalogs, even for superusers. In the past there
were several opinions that this field was useless/confusing/stupid/not
worthwhile.

I'm also going to remove the usetrace column, since that's not used.

(post-7.1 material, btw.)