Re: Postgresql on dynix/ptx system

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Radek Fleks <radek(dot)fleks(at)olm(dot)pl>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql on dynix/ptx system
Date: 2000-12-04 17:24:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Radek Fleks writes:

> I'm compiling (not, I'm trying to compile) last version of Postgresql on
> Sequent Dynix/ptx ver 4.4.7 system. Under compilation process with gcc (ver
> 2.7.2 ported on dynix/pt) is reporting several errors.

It's not so interesting at this point to port PostgreSQL 7.0.*, given that
PostgreSQL 7.1 should go beta sometime, er, this year. If you want to
port 7.1 then you should be looking into the following files and/or
directories for platform specific stuff:

configure.in
src/template
src/makefiles
src/include/port
src/Makefile.shlib
src/backend/port/dynloader
src/include/storage/s_lock.h
src/backend/storage/buffer/s_lock.c

Once you have gotten past the fact that configure will complain about your
system not being supported (which you should fix in configure.in and
re-run autoconf), showing actual compiler output will help.