attribute names & typecast/psql default port

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: attribute names & typecast/psql default port
Date: 2001-09-08 10:45:12
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi all,

I found a few bugs this afternoon - Patch attached. Patch was generated
from current source and tested with the regression tests.

============== shutting down postmaster ==============

======================
All 77 tests passed.
======================

----

Bug #1: attribute name when column is type cast:

Given the following table:

test=# \d f
Table "f"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------
i | integer |
test | text |

If I do the following:

test=# insert into f values(1,'test');
INSERT 139549 1
test=# select i::int8,test from f;
?column? | test
----------+------
1 | test
(1 row)

It doesn't make much sense that the first column should be called
'?column?'.

The patch results in the output appearing like this:

test=# select i::int8,test from f;
i | test
---+------
1 | test
(1 row)

Bug #2

Found this while testing the first patch. As it happens I only have one
box handy and it was running PG already. I changed the default port to
9999. When I executed bin/psql (the freshly built psql) it connected to my
production postmaster on port 5432.

The patch sets the configured port to that defined in pg_config.h.

Gavin

Attachment Content-Type Size
999944667.pg.patch.gz application/x-gzip 484 bytes