Re: A *pass-through-query* from postgreSQL to MsAccess

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: DI Hasenöhrl <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A *pass-through-query* from postgreSQL to MsAccess
Date: 2001-06-07 06:24:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Short answer, no.

Access is not a database *server* like postgresql. It will not accept any
kind of incoming connection. To do that you would need something like MS
SQL Server and the software necessary to access it. In your case, you
would need a "driver" in plpgsql that connects to the MS server. Anyway,
you want things to be local so this won't work for you..

-Cedar