Re: ERROR: cache lookup for proc 43030134 failed

From: Kovacs Zoltan <kovacsz(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: cache lookup for proc 43030134 failed
Date: 2001-06-01 06:56:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Kovacs Zoltan <kovacsz(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu> writes:
> > It means that the 21st line of the result is problematic, because writing
> > 20 instead of 21 I got no problem.
>
> I think not. The current implementation of LIMIT fetches one more row
> than is really needed, IIRC.

Tom, the real problem is that I get _different_ output for

tir=# SELECT c.relname AS viewname, pg_get_userbyid(c.relowner) AS
viewowner, pg_get_viewdef(c.relname) AS definition FROM pg_class c WHERE
(c.relkind = 'v'::"char") limit 21 offset 1;
ERROR: cache lookup for proc 4303134 failed

and

tir=# SELECT c.relname AS viewname, pg_get_userbyid(c.relowner) AS
viewowner, pg_get_viewdef(c.relname) AS definition FROM pg_class c WHERE
(c.relkind = 'v'::"char") and c.relname = 'felhasznalo';
viewname | viewowner |
definition
-------------+-----------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
felhasznalo | postgres | SELECT szemely.az, szemely.nev,
szemely.teljes_nev FROM szemely WHERE ((1 <= szemely.felhasznalo) AND
(szemely.felhasznalo <= 2));
(1 row)

The second one also _should_ result an ERROR. (As you can see, this view
doesn't contain any function. I put an index on the table `szemely' but I
dropped it. There may be some relation between this error and the dropped

In a consequence, I cannot pg_dump my database (which is under
production... :-( Please help! Unfortunately I cannot duplicate this
problem from scratch, but I may try to do it.

TIA, Zoltan