VACUUM warning/error (?)

From: Nicolas Kowalski <Nicolas(dot)Kowalski(at)imag(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: VACUUM warning/error (?)
Date: 2001-01-18 08:36:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello.

We are running a small Intranet database, using PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on a
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 server. All works fine. Great job PostgreSQL guys !

However, I used to backup our database every night (pg_dumpall), and
now, I want to clean up it just before the dump, when nobody uses it.
The command is :

# echo "VACUUM" | su -c "psql datavm" - postgres

...but the cron daemon just told me this morning :

NOTICE: FlushRelationBuffers(trace_sql, 162): block 239 is referenced
(private
0, global 1)
FATAL 1: VACUUM (vc_repair_frag): FlushRelationBuffers returned -2
before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost

All seems to work, in particular this 'trace_sql' table, but what does
mean this error message ?

Thanks.
Niko.