STDC_HEADERS on Solaris 8

From: Matt Benjamin <matt(at)linuxbox(dot)nu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: STDC_HEADERS on Solaris 8
Date: 2000-11-23 01:09:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I don't think this is really a bug, however, maybe it is something for the
Solaris FAQ?

I found that on my (relatively typical, for a certain type of
installation) sparc Solaris 8 installation, STDC_HEADERS ended up
undefined in config.h.

I noticed on the web that this happens to people from time to time, with
Solaris 7 and 8.

To "fix" this, I just defined STDC_HEADERS, as have the other folks.

I don't have time to sort out the root cause. However, I can give some
details of the configuration:

1. Complete 32/64-bit Solaris 8 install

2. GNU GCC 2.95.2 is the default, and only compiler on the system, in the
configuration Sun pre-installs with the "Solaris Software Companion CD"

3. The standard ld, ar, as are Sun, in the standard locations--the GNU
binutils are NOT installed

4. I did install GNU ncurses 5.1, which created a lot of warning noise in
config.log

Hope this helps someone...

Matt