Re: got Postgresql working on FreeBSD-alpha

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: got Postgresql working on FreeBSD-alpha
Date: 2000-11-14 22:06:22
Lists: pgsql-patches

Alfred Perlstein writes:

> http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pgsql/port-alpha.diff
>
> Make pgsql compile on FreeBSD-alpha.
>
> Remove -m486 compile args for FreeBSD-i386.
>
> Make the port use the TEST_AND_SET for alpha and i386 on FreeBSD.
>
> Fix a lot of bogus string formats for outputting pointers (cast to int
> and %u/%x replaced with no cast and %p), and 'Size'(size_t) are now
> cast to 'unsigned long' and output with %lu/
>
> Remove an unused variable.

That variable *is* used, if you compile with -DXLOG, which will be the
default eventually.

Also:

!case $host_cpu in
! alpha*) CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -O";;
! i386*) CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -O2";;
! esac

s/i386/i.86/, or better s/i386//.

Trouble with -O2? Being conservative?

About the regression tests: Apparently you're picking up the wrong
"expected" files. I can't make out why offhand, though. Modulo that, the
inet failure looks to be the only real trouble.