Re: What ODBC driver to use for Win98/NT 4.0/W2K?

From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: Valik <valik(at)set(dot)com(dot)ua>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What ODBC driver to use for Win98/NT 4.0/W2K?
Date: 2000-05-30 12:53:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I run PostgreSQL server on a RedHat Linux 6.2 system.
> I want to write client software for OS's mentioned in the subject.
> Where can I get an appropriate ODBC driver?
Search for Byron Nikolaidis' page about the current PostgreSQL ODBC
driver (Insight Distributions). You may also compile src/interfaces/odbc/
under MS Visual C++.

> What is the recommended development platform?
> (I consider using Delphi or MS Visual C++.)
We use Borland C++ Builder 4.0 Professional which is similar to Delphi. It
works well if you don't want to write too difficult applications. Borland
Database Engine, a part of this integrated developing environment, may
cause strange effects, you might check what alternatives have you got
instead of it. We started using ODBCExpress instead but I also suggest
trying WinZeos, which will be another good alternative soon. I use
Interactive PostgreSQL which is based on WinZeos, it work really good.

But, _the recommended development platform_ is unknown for us, too. C++
Builder 4 has too much bug for developing in a comfortable way, you need
_much_ time to detect them and find the way working around...

Regards,
Zoltan