Re: refint doesn't work well with BDE

From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, ltibor(at)mail(dot)tiszanet(dot)hu
Subject: Re: refint doesn't work well with BDE
Date: 2000-04-05 15:17:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:
> First of all, 6.5.* didn't had the FOREIGN KEY implementation
> your 7.0 message is coming from. It's completely new stuff.
Yes, you're right, sorry. I used the contrib/spi/refint* stuff in 6.5.2.

> Second, since an ERROR is correctly reported (violating a RI
> constraint is an ERROR and I cannot see any extra \n there),
> the bug seems to be in the ODBC or BDE part, not looking at
> the return code but trying to interpret the textual error
> message.
Checking the ODBC source, I found two places in interfaces/odbc/info.c
with check_foreign_key and check_primary_key functions. They are the
names of the refint check functions in the "contrib" solution in 6.5.*
These places are queries which should be changed a bit, I think. Are these
changes enough to make it work, Byron?

Thank you again.

Regards, Zoltan