Re: [INTERFACES] crypt not included when compiling libpgtcl !!!!!!!

From: Eric Lee Green <eric(at)linux-hw(dot)com>
To: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] crypt not included when compiling libpgtcl !!!!!!!
Date: 1998-12-06 20:45:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:
> RedHat 5.1 i386 with PostgreSQL v6.4 final version
>
> ./configure --with-tcl
>
> after installing libpgtcl , cannot run pgaccess because library crypt
> hasn't been linked into libpgtcl.so
>
> must manually add -lcrypt in Makefile into src/interfaces/libpgtcl

Hi Constantin. This is a problem only with systems running glibc, because
for legal reasons the FSF doesn't want to include encryption as part of
glibc. I assume you are doing this on Debian or on Red Hat 5.x?

Perhaps we need an extra template for glibc?

I came across this problem too today (I am currently packaging 6.4 into an
RPM for Red Hat 5.2). I have generated a patch file which fixes the lack
of -lcrypt in a number of places for glibc systems. After I have
thoroughly tested it I'll try to post it here.

> Also, PgAccess version that has been included in 6.4 final version is
> 0.90 , but current stable version is 0.91
> (ftp://ftp.flex.ro/pub/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.91.tar.gz)

Thanks for the pointer. I will incorporate that as another patch in
the .spec file for my Red Hat RPM.

--
Eric Lee Green eric(at)linux-hw(dot)com http://www.linux-hw.com/~eric
"Linux represents a best-of-breed UNIX, that is trusted in mission