Orphaned files in the database...

From: Kristofer Munn <kmunn(at)munn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Orphaned files in the database...
Date: 2000-01-27 23:03:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all!

Beating on the Postgresql database v6.5.3 on my Intel machine, I find lots
of orphaned tables in my database's directory such as:

pg_sorttemp#####.#
pg_temp.#####.#

I know temp tables have been changed drastically in V7.0 and cleaned up (I
can't wait since I use them extensively). I was wondering if VACUUM has
been altered to clean the data directory of stale/useless files such as
those above. If not, I think this might be an important feature.

- K

Kristofer Munn * KMI * 973-509-9414 * AIM KrMunn * http://www.munn.com/