Re: [GENERAL] How to know when to vacuum

From: Chris Johnson <cmj(at)inline-design(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] How to know when to vacuum
Date: 1998-07-28 15:27:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes, but... does postgres maintain some statistics that could be queried
to determine whether vacuuming would be helpful? For Case 1 I would need
to know how many records were added since the last vacuum relative to the
total number of records in each table. For case 2 I guess you really only
need to know how many records have been deleted.

Any way to get that information?

Chris