Re: [GENERAL] Aggregates and Joins

From: Bob Dusek <bobd(at)palaver(dot)net>
To: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Aggregates and Joins
Date: 1998-11-25 00:14:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey!!!

Thanks a lot. That is just what I needed.

here's the query I used:

select sum(price), trans_id from second_table group by trans_id;

I had to include the "trans_id" in the target list to use it for grouping.
I've never been able to mix single fields and aggregates before (of
course, I've never used the "group" syntax before either).

Thanks a lot.

Bob