Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?

From: Peter T Mount <psqlhack(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?
Date: 1998-02-21 10:31:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have been working with many of you for over a hear, and would like to
> know more details about you.

I'm 27, single :-( , and currently live with my parents just outside
Maidstone, Kent in England.

I work for the Maidstone Borough Council (local government), officially as
first line support for our users. However, I tend to second line support
and development most of my time. (I'm currently trying to get my home
network connected to the works network).

I've setup part of our Intranet (based around two Linux boxes), setup
secure dial up for the Mainframe & Unix boxes (again using Linux). Also,
the authorities web site is currently down to me.

I'm using PostgreSQL at work currently to hold our purchase ordering, and
details on the 400+ PC's we currently have.

At home I write Astronomical utilities mainly in Java, sometimes in C or
Perl. Postgres is used to store Astronomical data (mainly catalogues at
the moment, but soon images as well), research on the Vikings, and to
develop the JDBC driver.

I also lurk on the TASS list, where they are using Postgresql to store
observations made by CCD cameras from around the world.

I have networked here a Linux box (P133, 48Mb ram), a Windows 95 machine,
a 486 Laptop and a A1200 Amiga. A second linux box is being planned to
handle postgres & cdr work.

Other pastimes include being a member of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale),
sampling various real ales, and being a trainee Viking Warrior (basically
going all over the country, dressing up in tenth century costume, and
having large battles - and no the weapons are not foam ;-) )

--
Peter T Mount petermount(at)earthling(dot)net or pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Page me via SMS on: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder/misc/sms.html