Re: [QUESTIONS] the JDBC Driver

From: Peter T Mount <postgresdev(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Bryan Mann <bmann(at)whistle(dot)com>
Cc: "Zed A(dot) Shaw" <shawz(at)asu(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] the JDBC Driver
Date: 1998-01-09 17:15:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Bryan Mann wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Peter T Mount wrote:
>
> > [PM: I've CC'd the postgresql-interfaces list, as JDBC related stuff
> > should go there]
> >
> > On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Zed A. Shaw wrote:
> >
> > > I just downloaded the PostgreSQL JDBC driver (at least, the guys who
> >
> > > Also, if anyone has run into any problems with this thing, I'd
> > > appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > The driver is under continual development.
> >
> First thanks for the driver. Very nice.
>
> Perhaps you could add a .SUFFIXES line to your Makefile.
>
> .SUFFIXES: .java .class

True. I'll add it.

> For FreeBSD this is required till the system makefiles change to
> support .java and .class.

> Also the postgresql.jar rule barfs when trying to expand $^.
> Perhaps there is a more general way of doing this by just listing
> the directory 'postgresql'?

The main thing is for the jar file to include all of the class files under
that directory. I'll look into this. We've got to be careful, because
there's some subdirectories under postresql now.

--
Peter T Mount petermount(at)earthling(dot)net or pmount(at)maidast(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder