Re: BUG #1250: compilation fails in src/backend/storage/lmgr/s_lock.c

From: Aidan Dixon <Aidan(dot)Dixon(at)Blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1250: compilation fails in src/backend/storage/lmgr/s_lock.c
Date: 2004-09-10 20:53:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

>"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
>> The code in s_lock.c uses a ".seg" directive where ".section" seems to be
>> in vogue, judging from the output of "cc -S" for a simple "hello world" type
>> program.
>
>Hmm. So how can we distinguish your version of Solaris from the ones
>that want ".seg"?

The SUNWspro man page for cc(1) contains the following (entries for -xarch=v9
i.e. 64bit sparc apply in my case)

Predefinitions:unix
sparc (SPARC)
i386 (x86)
sun

The above are not predefined in -Xc mode.
These predefinitions are valid in all modes:
__sun
__unix
__SUNPRO_C=0x540
__`uname -s`_`uname -r`
__sparc (SPARC)
__sparcv9 (SPARC with -xarch=v9|v9a|v9b)
__i386 (x86)
__BUILTIN_VA_ARG_INCR
__SVR4
The following is predefined in -Xa and -Xt modes only:
__RESTRICT
The compiler also predefines the object-like macro
__PRAGMA_REDEFINE_EXTNAME,
to indicate the pragma will be recognized.

Guess the ___SUNPRO_C macro is a start. 'fraid the only other compiler I can
test against is gcc-3.4.1. Any suggestions, I'll give 'em a try.

Regards,
-a.

--
Aidan Thomas Dixon - aidan(dot)dixon(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're probably right!"