passwd

From: Katsuyuki Tanaka <katsut(at)cse(dot)unsw(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: passwd
Date: 2000-12-13 17:05:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Can anyone tell me how to set passwd for users? I do
what I told in pg_passwd man it doesn;t seem to work.
eg, when I do
psql -u testdb
UserName: user
password: ....

anything i type in password let user access testdb,
I beilive that this username and password are what we have to
put in jdbc getConnection? Am I right?

one more question if one user create db is this accessable from
other users? Seem to me it si now since my authentification is not
working .....

Thanks
Katsu