Re: Query ResultSet parsing speedup patch (resend)

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Mikko Tiihonen <mikko(dot)tiihonen(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query ResultSet parsing speedup patch (resend)
Date: 2006-10-06 17:26:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006, Mikko Tiihonen wrote:

> This is a resend since I did not get any feedback to this patch when I
> sent it two months ago. Could someone at least have some recommendations
> what I should do to get this patch evaluated or even applied to the
> official source.

I like the change to use VisibleBufferedInputStream. That's a clean way
of avoiding copies. I don't particularly like the number parsing changes
as they're a pretty ugly hack, but I can't deny the performance
improvements (I saw 30-35%). I plan on applying this unless someone
objects.

One bug I found was that you have the wrong bytes.length check in
getFastInt. It can handle one more byte than you specified.

Kris Jurka