Re: plperlng - testimport: try 7

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperlng - testimport: try 7
Date: 2004-06-09 18:51:53
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 'k, commit messages from pgfoundry projects are now sent to -committers,
> as previously discussed ... all existing projects have been updated for
> this ...
>
> the format of the subject above is "project - module"

Do we really want all foundry projects commit messages coming here?
Eventually this will be a large number of messages about projects that
I not only don't care about, but don't even know what they are.

Why not have the a commit list for each project so people can choose what
they hear about? Failing that perhaps only certain "important" projects
get their messages posted here, but I imagine that it will be impossible
to select the "important" projects, just like now no favorites are played
between admin tools or competing interfaces or anything outside of the
core. Why are end users left groveling through gborg/pgfoundry for
important tools while developers are flooded with these projects' commit
messages in the "core area"?

Kris Jurka