Re: Repeated messages (was Re: Suggested improvement : Adjust SEQUENCES)

From: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Repeated messages (was Re: Suggested improvement : Adjust SEQUENCES)
Date: 2001-06-28 17:26:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I agree it's annoying, but I'm not sure what can be done about it.
> > Running the PG lists takes a lot of Marc's time already --- I don't
> > think it's reasonable to expect him to check for duplications of this
> > kind on top of everything else. (And no, I don't want to drop the
> > non-subscriber restriction. The lists have been wonderfully spam-free
> > lately, largely because of Marc's filters.)
>
> If someone is subscribed to one of the lists, shouldn't they be able to
> post to any list? I think that is part of the problem because those
> CC's often go to lists people don't subscribe to.
I believe its the way it currently is because hub.org has multiple mailing
lists, and pgsql-related ones are only a subset. Its a normal majordomo
behaviour to have access-control per list.

Majordomo is a pain in the rear to modify, from what I reckon. It'd be
nice if all pgsql-* lists shared one allowed-poster-list, but not sure if
its easy to do.