Re: [INTERFACES] RE: [QUESTIONS] pgaccess

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)lan2wan(dot)com>
To: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
Cc: "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com>, pgsql-questions(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] RE: [QUESTIONS] pgaccess
Date: 1998-05-06 18:45:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:

> Yes. PgAccess need libpgtcl.so and libpq.so to be in the system /lib
> directory.
>
> PostgreSQL 6.3.2 had a little bug that was quickly fixed. He didn't
> define LINUX_ELF and the Makefile refused to generate the shared
> libraries (so).

That's exactly the answer I wanted to the question, where are the shared
libaries? Thanks, Constantin!

> In RedHat 5.0, they decided to move the crypt function used by postgres
> from the libc library to a separate library libcrypt.so You will need
> to add -lcrypt when linking libpgtcl.

I think I ran into a similar problem a few months back with some other
software I was installing completely unrelated to postgres, and
discovered this. I'll put in those fixes. Thanks again.

Brett W. McCoy
http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
"The Number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
-- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972