Re: session_pgsql-0.6.1

From: brew(at)theMode(dot)com
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: session_pgsql-0.6.1
Date: 2003-04-18 20:42:21
Lists: pgsql-php

Bernd.......

> Once you have successfully installed session_pgsql (and PHP of course)
> and PostgreSQL to localhost. All you have to do is (as postgres super user)
>
> % createuser nobody
> % createdb php_session

Perhaps you don't have permission to create new users. In that case find
out what user you can log in as and use that and change the code. I don't
think there is anything special about users in postgreSQL, except to keep
track of who has what permissions and where they can connect from.

If you are lucky there is one common connection include file so you only
have to change it once instead of on every connection instance.

If you still have trouble with users and connecting to the DB server
you'll have to contact the server admins for help as this is server
specific.

brew

Strange Brew (brew(at)theMode(dot)com)
Check out my Musician's Online Database Exchange (The MODE Pages)
http://www.TheMode.com