Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Ryan Mahoney <ryan(at)paymentalliance(dot)net>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org
Date: 2002-11-30 03:37:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 29 Nov 2002, Ryan Mahoney wrote:

> Scroll down and read the rest of, it's an excellent announcement! If
> the website and mirrors made mention of the release (as of 8:19PM CST
> they don't!) and the message was sent to all the mailing lists, there
> would probably be less confusion. When I read the announcement I was
> very impressed and went straight to www.postgresql.org. Once I got
> there, I wondered if maybe the announcement had been sent by accident!

When I'm looking for content in a message if I don't find it in the
first few lines or even on the first page, I move on. But like I said,
had you really bothered to read it, it did not resemble a traditional
release announcement.

I don't intend to debate this any further. I've just about filtered
the junk out of the announcement and should have it on the website in
a few mins.

Vince.
--
http://www.meanstreamradio.com http://www.unknown-artists.com
Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.