Re: Website, mailing list

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, John Summerfield <pgtest(at)os2(dot)ami(dot)com(dot)au>, PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2001-09-22 05:12:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com> writes:
> >> It would seem that that page is out of date. Vince, can you fix it?
>
> > Actually the instructions are correct.
>
> Are they? The last time I subscribed to a new list, the right
> incantation was to mail
> subscribe list-name my-address
> to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot) This doesn't square with what the webpage
> says to do ...

Majordomo2 and a number of other maillist packages accept subscription
requests to LISTNAME-request(at)domain(dot)com(dot) I know the instructions worked
when I subscribed to general, odbc and at least one other list.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com