Re: regression.out and regression.diff

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: regression.out and regression.diff
Date: 2001-02-27 20:45:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > Vince Vielhaber writes:
> >
> > > is regression.out and/or regression.diff deleted if the tests pass? I've
> > > never seen all tests pass so I don't know but I just had someone tell me
> > > that it does.
> >
> > We've come to a point where all tests should pass all the time on all
> > supported platforms. If they don't, that's a bug and should be posted to
> > a mailing list.
> >
> > The test output should come from 'gmake check', not the test against an
> > already installed server ('installcheck').
>
> It was a snapshot - no idea what kind of shape it was in and I don't
> recall how I did the check, but it may have been installcheck.

Make that "must have been installcheck" 'cuze I just reran it with
gmake check and it passed all but the ignored random test.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com