Re: Odp: PD: triggered data change violation on relation "tbl_b"

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Pawel Pawlowski <pawel(dot)pawlowski(at)breitenbach(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andreas Wernitznig <andreas(at)insilico(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Odp: PD: triggered data change violation on relation "tbl_b"
Date: 2001-08-29 18:27:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

This was a mistake in the interpretation of the spec (modification of
the same key row referenced by a foreign key constraint in the same
statement more than once is an error is how we believe the spec meant
it, but there's a case where they mention transaction and it got
misinterpreted). I don't think anyone's permanently fixed it yet, but
making the check disappear involves commenting out the two blocks that
throw the message in backend/commands/trigger.c.