AWARD WINNING - SPECIAL NOTICE !!

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: AWARD WINNING - SPECIAL NOTICE !!
Date: 2000-11-15 19:46:01
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

AWARD WINNING - SPECIAL NOTICE!!!!

PostgreSQL has earned the Linux Journal Third Annual Editor's Choice
Awards recognition as the Best Database, to be presented at
COMDEX/LinuxBusinessExpo in Las Vegas this afternoon !

I have just learned of this award and want to make sure that *every*
member of the Global Development Project has an opportunity to participate
in this event. If any of you are at the Show and can meet me at booth P761
at the Sands Convention Centre, there will be a photo-op at some point
this afternoon.

As you know, the last Open Source Development Network event in SF was not
sent out to all of our members, many of whom learned about it long after
the event itself. We want to make sure that this isn't something that
continues, the community is too important to leave anyone out of these
exciting opportunities.

For those who may wonder why we are at Comdex without having invited you
to meet us, we are here in our 'business' hat, helping one of our key
Oracle/PostgreSQL partners with their booth, and we were concerned that
some in the community would feel our invitation had some conflicts of
interest.

SO .... Get over here ASAP so that the whole (well some) of the community
can be included in the Photo Op that will be going out to celebrate the
exceptional contributions that have been made to the *BEST DATABASE* in
the Linux world... AGAIN!!!

Congratulations all around from those of us that made to this show...!!!

Thomas G. Lockhart
Marc G. Fournier
Vadim Mikheev

For a copy of the announcement, check: