Re: FW: New PostgreSQL Project

From: Randy Jonasz <rjonasz(at)click2net(dot)com>
To: "Clark, Joel" <jclark(at)lendingtree(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: New PostgreSQL Project
Date: 2000-10-04 23:02:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

this is great! Should we take the next few weeks in preparing what we'd
like to see in a C++ API? Plus I need a little time to become more
familiar with current code base. As a note I was wondering what would be
the advantages/disadvantages of *not* using the c interface but writing
the connection/parse routines directly in the C++ classes? i.e. get away
from having just wrapper classes. On the plus side, I think we gain in
flexibility in design and implementation. On the negative side, we may be
re-inventing the wheel, although I am partial to proceeding in a complete
rewrite.

Cheers,

Randy

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Clark, Joel wrote:

> FYI --
>
> Looks like we may have a winner. Since you still have research to do, this
> should be right on time. It also seems that they might enlist us as beta
> testers, if we so choose.
>
> Joel

Randy Jonasz
Software Engineer
Click2net Inc.
Web: http://www.click2net.com
Phone: (905) 271-3550

"You cannot possibly pay a philosopher what he's worth,
but try your best" -- Aristotle