Re: [CORE] Release schedule?

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Release schedule?
Date: 2000-04-17 17:40:18
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Okay, I'm blind, but I thought that we were doing a 6.5 vs 7.0 docs tree
> also ::( but I can't find it anywhere ...

It's in the user's lounge. I haven't put it online yet. I've been
working on the bugtool which is about ready. Besides, they're not
due till 7.0release (*ducking*). Take a look at:

www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/6.5/docs

I think. For 7.0 replace the 6.5 with 7.0. I don't have an index
built yet. Maybe later this week with the bugtool.

Bugtool status: It takes bug reports, puts them in the database and
sends email to the specified address. So far I can only view the
entire list of bugs, I still need to do the search page and decide
on a place for uploaded files, and do a quick techtool for it. So
it's almost done.

Programmer's corner is still a couple of weeks away. I also need to
talk to Dmitry about a couple of new graphics for the menus.

Vince.

> > > Okay, what should I be 'wget'ng? And where would you like it to go to?
> > > I just set things up to pull:
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/backend
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/chinese
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/postgres
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/programmer
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/tutorial
> > > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/user
> > > And am figuring on putting them into:
> > > postgresql-<version>/docs/{admin,backend,chinese,postgres,programmer,etc}
> > > Is there some other place you would like them put, or something else I
> > > should be including?
> >
> > We should be pulling them from a version-specific place; my
> > recollection is that we have set up
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.0/ for this (and that a .../6.5 also
> > exists).
> >
> > The places you list above will likely hold the snapshot version of the
> > same files.
> >
> > I would suggest picking up the .tar.gz and .ps.gz files from .../7.0,
> > rather than individual files, since the doc/ Makefile assumes that
> > those exist for purposes of unpacking/installing into some place
> > *other* than the local Postgres distribution tree. And I won't have
> > time to change the Makefile to do something else by May 1. (May 5 --
> > all things are possible ;)
> >
> > - Thomas
> >
> > btw, we've got several threads going on core which should be on
> > hackers. This is one of them...
> >
> > --
> > Thomas Lockhart lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
> > South Pasadena, California
> >

> Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org secondary: scrappy(at){freebsd|postgresql}.org

Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com