RES: Priority to a mission critical transaction

From: "Carlos H(dot) Reimer" <carlos(dot)reimer(at)opendb(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>, "Brad Nicholson" <bnichols(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RES: Priority to a mission critical transaction
Date: 2006-11-28 19:01:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-performance

Hi,

There is an article about "Lowering the priority of a PostgreSQL query"
(http://weblog.bignerdranch.com/?p=11) that explains how to use the
setpriority() to lower PostgreSQL processes.

I?m wondering how much effective it would be for i/o bound systems.

Will the setpriority() system call affect i/o queue too?

Reimer