RE: Partial aggregates pushdown

From: "Fujii(dot)Yuki(at)df(dot)MitsubishiElectric(dot)co(dot)jp" <Fujii(dot)Yuki(at)df(dot)MitsubishiElectric(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Finnerty, Jim" <jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, "Fujii(dot)Yuki(at)df(dot)MitsubishiElectric(dot)co(dot)jp" <Fujii(dot)Yuki(at)df(dot)MitsubishiElectric(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: RE: Partial aggregates pushdown
Date: 2023-09-28 07:21:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Mr.Pyhalov.

Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Thursday, September 28, 2023 3:16 PM
> It seems to me that *fdw postfixes don't clarify things, but just make naming more ugly.
I have removed *fdw postfixes.

> + * Adding these Vars and PlaceHolderVars to PathTarget,
> + * FDW cannot deparse this by the original List of SortGroupClauses.
> + * So, before this adding process,
> + * setGroupClausePartial generates another Pathtarget and another
> + * List of SortGroupClauses for FDW.
>
> It seems that something like:
>
> /*
> * Modified PathTarget cannot be used by FDW as-is to deparse this statement.
> * So, before modifying PathTarget, setGroupClausePartial generates
> * another Pathtarget and another list List of SortGroupClauses
> * to make deparsing possible.
> */
>
> sounds better.
Thank you for the suggested modifications. I have modified it according to your suggestion.

Sincerely yours,
Yuuki Fujii

--
Yuuki Fujii
Information Technology R&D Center Mitsubishi Electric Corporation

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Partial-aggregates-push-down-v29.patch application/octet-stream 266.8 KB