RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql

From: "tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: David Zhang <david(dot)zhang(at)highgo(dot)ca>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql
Date: 2021-04-01 09:40:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 4:05 AM, David Zhang <david(dot)zhang(at)highgo(dot)ca> wrote

> 8 postgres=# update tbl SET DATA =
> 9
> 10 postgres=# update TBL SET
> 11
> 12 postgres=#
>
>So, as you can see the difference is between line 8 and 10 in case 2. It
>looks like the lowercase can auto complete more than the uppercase;
>secondly, if you can add some test cases, it would be great.

Thanks for your test. I fix the bug and add some tests for it.
Please find attached the latest patch V4.

Differences from v3 are:
* fix an issue reported by Zhang [1] where a scenario was found which still wasn't able to realize tap completion in query.
* add some tap tests.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3140db2a-9808-c470-7e60-de39c431b3ab%40highgo.ca

Regards,
Tang

Attachment Content-Type Size
V4-0001-Support-tab-completion-with-a-query-result-for-upper.patch application/octet-stream 5.5 KB