[BUG] "FailedAssertion" reported when streaming in logical replication

From: "tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [BUG] "FailedAssertion" reported when streaming in logical replication
Date: 2021-04-26 07:15:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I think I may found a bug when using streaming in logical replication. Could anyone please take a look at this?

Here's what I did to produce the problem.
I set logical_decoding_work_mem and created multiple publications at publisher, created multiple subscriptions with "streaming = on" at subscriber.
However, an assertion failed at publisher when I COMMIT and ROLLBACK multiple transactions at the same time.

The log reported a FailedAssertion:
TRAP: FailedAssertion("txn->size == 0", File: "reorderbuffer.c", Line: 3465, PID: 911730)

The problem happens both in synchronous mode and asynchronous mode. When there are only one or two publications, It doesn't seem to happen. (In my case, there are 8 publications and the failure always happened).

The scripts and the log are attached. It took me about 4 minutes to run the script on my machine.
Please contact me if you need more specific info for the problem.

Regards
Tang

Attachment Content-Type Size
pub.log application/octet-stream 217.0 KB
script.zip application/x-zip-compressed 19.8 KB