Re: App closes while trying to edit attributes

From: Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: fgp(at)phlo(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: App closes while trying to edit attributes
Date: 2005-05-18 00:30:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Thanks for the response. I will continue to use the 1.2 branch. I'll also
ask my office mates if they've had any issue and update.

Ok I think I see when it happens
Steps to create the issue (once again it doesn't happen all the time)
- Open sql-window
- highlight the sql statement by holding down the shift and pressing the
end button

now look at the mouse cursor (pointer). When you are over the highlighted
text, the cursor is an arrow.
now move the cursor the immediate right of the selected text. It should
change back to normal cursor
now move the cursor directly below the highlighted text. The cursor is now
an arrow.
now click in the blank space while the arrow is showing
the app should start giving the spinning wheel of death.

restart the app and repeat the first two steps above.
after highlighting the text move the mouse around the screen and watch the
cursor.
I notice that the cursor will return to a normal state after the length of
the last line of text and only to the right side of the text.
Clicking within the highlighted text or below will cause the spinning wheel

hth

Patrick Hatcher

"Florian G.
Pflug"
<fgp(at)phlo(dot)org> To
Patrick Hatcher
05/17/05 04:56 PM <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
cc
pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject
Re: [pgadmin-hackers] App closes

Patrick Hatcher wrote:
> Thanks. I'm sorry when I said the 513 version had a problem I used the
> trunk version and not the 1.2 version you mentioned. The 1.2 version
works
> fine.
> However I still have the issue on pgadmin3-1.2-20050513.tar.bz2 with
> copying or selecting text that causes the app to freeze up. It does not
> happen all the time and I can't seem to pinpoint when it will occur.

Can you give me any hint what could cause this ? (Does it happen when
selecting in the sql-window, or in some dialog, or in the main-window?)

Since the release of pgadmin 1.2.2 will probably include a OSX version,
I'd like to identify and fix as many bugs as possible before the release
;-)

So, if you don't mind, please keep using the 1.2 branch - It hasn't
received much testing yet...

greetings, Florian Pflug