Re: Question about restricting the number of rows returned from a

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: ingram(at)samsix(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question about restricting the number of rows returned from a
Date: 2002-02-20 20:46:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Select f1 from table1
LIMIT 50;

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-932-0610 office

Stephen Ingram
<ingram(at)samsix(dot)com> To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent by: cc:
pgsql-novice-owner(at)post Subject: [NOVICE] Question about restricting the number of rows
gresql.org returned from a query.

02/20/2002 12:03 PM
Please respond to
ingram

Hi,

If I am running a query I know could return 1000's of rows;
is there a PG way to say to just return the first, say, 50 rows?

cheers

steve