Re: FATAL 1: Database template0 not accepting connection?

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: "Joel Burton <joel" <joel(at)joelburton(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FATAL 1: Database template0 not accepting connection?
Date: 2002-03-08 19:58:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

That's good to know. As far as I can tell, this only happens when I
restart Postgres.

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-932-0610 office

Joel Burton
<joel(at)joelburt To: Patrick Hatcher <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
on.com> cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] FATAL 1: Database template0 not
03/08/2002 accepting connection?
11:41 AM

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Patrick Hatcher wrote:

> I finally got my log to work, and the first thing I noticed was :
> FATAL 1: Database "template0" is not currently accepting connections
> FATAL 1: Database "template0" is not currently accepting connections
>
> should I be concerned about this?
> I'm running ver 7.2 on Red Hat

This is the message you get if you try to connect to template0 directly
(ie "psql template0"). Template0 is the "blank" pgsql database template
that contains just those things that come out-of-the-box.

So, it's right that template0 isn't accepting connections.
You might want to figure out why someone is trying to connet to it,
though.

--

Joel BURTON | joel(at)joelburton(dot)com | joelburton.com | aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant