PostgreSQL Performance Tuning

From: Shohab Abdullah <Shohab(dot)Abdullah(at)lntinfotech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-performance-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org, majordomo-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Vaishali Mane <Vaishali(dot)Mane(at)lntinfotech(dot)com>
Subject: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Date: 2007-04-26 11:19:58
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Dear,
We are facing performance tuning problem while using PostgreSQL Database
over the network on a linux OS.
Our Database consists of more than 500 tables with an average of 10K
records per table with an average of 20 users accessing the database
simultaneously over the network. Each table has indexes and we are
querying the database using Hibernate.
The biggest problem is while insertion, updating and fetching of records,
ie the database performance is very slow. It take a long time to respond
in the above scenario.
Please provide me with the tuning of the database. I am attaching my
postgresql.conf file for the reference of our current configuration

Please replay me ASAP
Regards,
Shohab Abdullah
Software Engineer,
Manufacturing SBU-POWAI
Larsen and Toubro Infotech Ltd.| 4th floor, L&T Technology Centre,
Saki Vihar Road, Powai, Mumbai-400072
(: +91-22-67767366 | (: +91-9870247322
Visit us at : http://www.lntinfotech.com
”I cannot predict future, I cannot change past, I have just the present
moment, I must treat it as my last"
The information contained in this email has been classified:
[ X] L&T Infotech General Business
[ ] L&T Infotech Internal Use Only
[ ] L&T Infotech Confidential
[ ] L&T Infotech Proprietary
information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql.conf application/octet-stream 13.4 KB