C interface libpq.so.2 problem

From: dsmclennan(at)spipowernet(dot)com(dot)au
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: C interface libpq.so.2 problem
Date: 2001-12-03 04:57:22
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

Hi ,

as a new user I have followed the Momjian libpq sample program format

#include "libpq-fe.h"

and cc -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -o myapp myapp.c
-L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq

my application compiles but on execution gives

libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file

Similar problems have been listed before but none of the suggestions fixed
my problem.
Does anyone recognise this problem?

Thanks

David McLennan