Re: Problemas para subir posrtgres

From: "Nicolas Recabarren" <nrecabarren(at)adexus(dot)cl>
To: pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problemas para subir posrtgres
Date: 2005-10-28 16:36:32
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

ya borre el archivo postmaster.pid

y al hacer un "/etc/init.d/postgres restart" dice esto

Stopping PostgreSQL database server: postmasterpg_ctl: could not find
/var/lib/postgres/data/postmaster.pid
Is postmaster running?
.
Starting PostgreSQL database server: postmaster(FAILED)
ERROR: ERROR: PostgreSQL postmaster did not start because of an unknown
reason.
PostgreSQL's init script (/etc/init.d/postgresql) attempted
to start the postmaster, however, this failed because of an unknown
reason.

This should not happen and is a serious problem. Please examine the
situation (please take a look at the log files). If you know the
reason why it failed and, then please file a bug report to Debian
(unless the reason is something obvious like a full disk).

Mario Soto Cordones -
Venezuela To: Nicolas Recabarren <nrecabarren(at)adexus(dot)cl>
<msotocl(at)gmail(dot)com> cc: pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent by: Subject: Re: [pgsql-es-ayuda] Problemas para subir posrtgres
pgsql-es-ayuda-owner(at)pos
tgresql.org

28/10/2005 12:22

Hola, debes borrar en postmaster.pid que esta.
rm postmaster.pid

2005/10/28, Nicolas Recabarren <nrecabarren(at)adexus(dot)cl>:
> Señores
>
> Al instalar un obdc en la maquina que tenia postgreSQL se daño el
postgres,
> creo, este es el mensaje que me da al hacer /etc/init.d/postgres start
>

> Starting PostgreSQL database server: postmaster(FAILED)
> ERROR: cat: /var/lib/postgres/data/postmaster.pid: Permission denied
> pg_ctl: Another postmaster may be running. Trying to start postmaster
> anyway.
> sed: can't read /var/lib/postgres/data/postmaster.pid: Permission denied
> ERROR: PostgreSQL postmaster did not start because of an unknown reason.
> PostgreSQL's init script (/etc/init.d/postgresql) attempted
> to start the postmaster, however, this failed because of an unknown
> reason.
>
> This should not happen and is a serious problem. Please examine the
> situation (please take a look at the log files). If you know the
> reason why it failed and, then please file a bug report to Debian
> (unless the reason is something obvious like a full disk).
>
> Debian PostgreSQL
> **************************************
>
> eso es, los permisos de postmaster son -rwxrwxrwx 1 postgres postgres
47
> Oct 24 11:44 postmaster.pid
>
> Todo esto paso cuando intente istalar un ODBC para conectarme a una BD
SQL

--
cordialmente,

Ing. Mario Soto Cordones

TIP 7: no olvides aumentar la configuración del "free space map"