Re: dump a table in windows

From: "Devinder K Rajput" <Devinder(dot)Rajput(at)ipaper(dot)com>
To: Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dump a table in windows
Date: 2002-09-25 14:13:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Have you tried pg_dump. Command should look something like

pg_dump -t table_name db_name > output_file_name

Let me know if this works. Thanks.

Devinder Rajput
Stores Division Corporate Offices
Chicago, IL
(773) 442-6474

Laurette Cisneros
<laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com> To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent by: cc:
pgsql-admin-owner(at)post Subject: [ADMIN] dump a table in windows
gresql.org

09/24/2002 07:33 PM

I need to dump a table from a database on a server on another system into a
file from a client on windows.

I've tried using pgadminII and issuing a copy command but it runs dog slow!

I've tried using Python/pyPgSQL by querying the records from the table and
writing them to a file and it runs dog slow!

I can't compile psql because I don't have MS C++.

Any other ideas on what I can do or how to speed up any of these?

Thanks,

--
Laurette Cisneros
The Database Group