Re: SQL statement to copy a result set to create

From: "Devinder K Rajput" <Devinder(dot)Rajput(at)ipaper(dot)com>
To: ycnyon(at)pd(dot)jaring(dot)my
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL statement to copy a result set to create
Date: 2002-11-12 19:33:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

I think a view would the better route. This is because if you write a
query, it will have to be rerun every time before you get the up-to-date
results. However, with the view, the up-to-date results will always be
available.

regards,

Devinder

"YC Nyon"
<ycnyon(at)pd(dot)jaring(dot)my> To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent by: cc:
pgsql-novice-owner(at)post Subject: Re: [NOVICE] SQL statement to copy a result set to create
gresql.org another table.

11/11/2002 08:14 PM

I want to create a new table based on an earlier result set from a SQL
query.
For example;
Query 1:
Select * from test where id >20

This will give me a result that 10 records found.
I would like to create a new table and insert these 10 records.
Also, I looking into views. would that be a better choice. The application
let users store their data via PHP.

Thanks
Nyon

http://archives.postgresql.org