Re: [INTERFACES] Problem in installing the PgAdminII in

From: Michiel_Lange(at)actuera(dot)com
To: Min_Bee_Ng(at)pengroup(dot)com(dot)my
Cc: Michiel Lange <michiel(at)minas(dot)demon(dot)nl>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Problem in installing the PgAdminII in
Date: 2003-04-15 09:41:22
Lists: pgadmin-support

A few things:
I am running PgAdminII on XP just fine... so there should be no problem
there... maybe you need administrative rights to make changes in the
registry?
Try, if you can, to upgrade PostgreSQL to 7.3.2, and start it with the -i
parameter...

Regards,

Michiel Lange
ActuEra B.V.

Min_Bee_Ng(at)pengroup(dot)com(dot)my
Sent by: To: Michiel Lange <michiel(at)minas(dot)demon(dot)nl>
pgadmin-support-owner(at)post cc: Min_Bee_Ng(at)pengroup(dot)com(dot)my, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
gresql.org Fax to:
Window XP
15-04-2003 02:54

Dear Sir,
The specifications of the are as below:
- pgAdmin II (Version 1.4.12)
- postgreSQL (Version 7.2.3)
- psqlODBC (Version 7.02.00.05)

However, these are all the specification of the application that my friends
installing too. But they all seem that having no problem. So, will it be
any problem that cause by the my Window XP? Is there any corrupted of the "
*.dll " file?

Thanks & regards,
MB Ng

Michiel Lange
<michiel(at)minas To: Min_Bee_Ng(at)pengroup(dot)com(dot)my
.demon.nl> cc:
pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES]
Problem in
15/04/2003 installing the PgAdminII in
Window XP
01:11

This question is not for the Interfaces list, but for the
pgadmin-support(at)postgesql(dot)org list.
Please respond only on that mailing list :)

Then: what version of pgAdmin are you using? And what version of
PostgreSQL? What version of ODBC driver are you using...
please give some more details...

Michiel

<oops... I mis-spelled the pgadmin-support e-mail address ;-)>

At 09:16 14-4-2003 +0800, Min_Bee_Ng(at)pengroup(dot)com(dot)my wrote:
>Dear Sir,
> I have been using the pgAdmin II (vrs 1.4.12) in Window 98, and
>everything working fine. But recently, I had try to install the pgAdminII
>in Window XP, I have face a problem when initialy try to connect to the
>database. An error message box has been pop-up and the error is stated as
>below:
>
>An error has occurred in pgAdmin II : frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click:
>Number: -2147220999
>
> For your information, actually, my colleagues has install the
pgAdmin
>II in Window XP concurrently, as they are succeed. But I just wonder why I
>am failed? Do you have any idea? Is it due to my own Window problem or any
>other source of cause?
> As I need your feedback urgently, so, I really hope for your quick
>response and your helpfulness is very much meaningfull to me.
>

>Thanks & regards,
>MB Ng

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

(send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)