Re: ODBC Driver problem

From: anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver problem
Date: 2004-09-28 17:10:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
The search path thing works :-)

Did you download the driver from the Gborg site or the postgresql.org
site?

Thanks

Tony Caduto
Senior Programmer/Analyst
M&I Trust and Investment Management

"Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Sent by: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
09/28/2004 11:28 AM

<anthony(dot)caduto(at)micorp(dot)com>
cc
<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject
Re: [ODBC] ODBC Driver problem

Hi,
I just installed the latest ODBC driver and it seems to be missing
support for Postgresql 7.3 and up schemas (table namespaces)
[...]

I had a similar problem when I installed the odbc driver from the
postgresql 8.0 msi installation package. I downgraded to the latest
stable odbc version on the project website and that fixed the problem.

If you don't want to downgrade, one workaround that may or may not help
is to have the odbc driver set the schema path when the driver connects.

i.e. in odbc options put

set search_path = s1, s2

where you can enter command connect string.

Merlin

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster