table alias

From: Bob(dot)Henkel(at)hartfordlife(dot)com
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: table alias
Date: 2004-05-25 13:36:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I'm running a binary snapshot from two days ago. When I run a update with
aliases the SQL doesn't work. The alias does work if I run just a select
statement however. Is this suppose to be like this. If not is it only
broken in the 7.5 WIN32 build?

When I try an update like the one below I get the error that follows.

update report_base s
set s.sql_base = 'select * from test_data where'
where s.report_base_id = 1;

ERROR: syntax error at or near "s" at character 20

The SQL with the aliase taken out works fine as seen below.
update report_base
set sql_base = 'select * from test_data where'
where report_base_id = 1;

Query returned successfully: 1 rows affected, 282 ms execution time.

Thanks,
Bob

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.