Re: pg_dump and Postgres 8.0.0 Release on cygwin

From: laurie(dot)burrow(at)powerconv(dot)alstom(dot)com
To: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump and Postgres 8.0.0 Release on cygwin
Date: 2005-03-08 13:31:45
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Reini wrote

> I have an experimental 8.0.0 version on my site, but I encounter
> IPC permissions problems (only related to cygwin).
> It works for most installations though.
>
> Point setup to http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/

Thanks for the help, I've installed it and it works fine for me (I am using
only the client tools on cygwin). En passant: As far as I can tell the
performance of the cygwin ports is at least as good if not better than the
native ports running on the same machine (W2K desktop) to the same postgres
8.0.0 server (W2K server) doing the exact same job. I am curious as why
this might be.

Regards
Laurie

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.