Re: Slow Visual Basic application

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: cecilia_ag(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-performance-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow Visual Basic application
Date: 2003-04-10 18:52:45
Lists: pgsql-performance

It appears you are trying to create a cube by using MSDataShape. Correct?
This could be the cause of the slow query. Why not use a straight ADO
connection?

Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset

Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

cn.ConnectionString = "driver={PostgreSQL};server=192.9.200.5;uid=;pwd
=;database=mydatabase"
cn.ConnectionTimeout = 300
cn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
cn.Open

Set rs = cn.Execute("Select * from table1)

"Cecilia Alvarez"
<cecilia_ag(at)hotmail(dot)com> To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent by: cc:
pgsql-performance-owner(at)post Subject: [PERFORM] Slow Visual Basic application
gresql.org

04/10/2003 10:32 AM

Hi,
I have a visual basic application and the access to postgress is very slow.
If I run the query on PGadminII the answer is quite good but if I run the
same query from the application it takes a long time (I debugged it).
11seconds .vs. 5 minutes.
I would like to know if I have a problem with my connection to postgres or
my odbc.
The string connection is:

gobjBD.StringConexion = "Provider=MSDataShape.1;DRIVER
={PostgreSQL};DATABASE=mydatabase;
SERVER=192.9.200.5;PORT=5432;UID=postgres;PWD="

I´ll really apreciate your help.
Thanks
Cecilia

Únete al mayor servicio mundial de correo electrónico: Haz clic aquí