A memory leak. Postgres 7.4. Mac OS. X Server

From: PAviles(at)its(dot)co(dot)cr
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A memory leak. Postgres 7.4. Mac OS. X Server
Date: 2004-05-21 20:15:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,
we have a postgresql 7.4 database server on an X Server with Mac OS
10.3.3, 7F45
The server possess two CPU's, 4 Gb in memory, and an adequate space on
disk.
The service run fine in the majority of time. But, we see the memory go
down, bit by bit. (A memory leak).
No errors are produced, but the memory is missing, and then we need to
restart the service (pg_ctl restart) to clean the busy memory. Before the
reload, the postgres run slow (by the lack of memory, I think!).
Postgres was compiled with gcc 3.3, with fink on stable (read line, open
ssl),
and with CFLAGS= -03-mtune=970 -funroll-loops
The parameters used was: /configure --with-includes=/sw/include
--with-libraries=/sw/lib --prefix=/sw --with-rendevouz

Regards

Pablo Avilés Cisneros
Area Manager
Software Research and Development Area