Re: Problems with Access XP and text primary keys

From: laurie(dot)burrow(at)powerconv(dot)alstom(dot)com
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with Access XP and text primary keys
Date: 2005-01-21 09:20:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

"Ben Trewern" <bendottrewern(at)mowlem(dot)com> wrote in message

> I've been using Postgres 8.0rc5 with the pgsqlODBC 8.00.00.03 driver and
> am having some problems.
>
> The database works correctly for some time but suddenly and for no reason
> I can find I get #Deleted in some of the fields. These tables seem to be
> those which have text primary keys. I've looked at the psqlodbcXXXX.log
> and it seems that I get:

I believe Access will give this mesage when the primary key of a record has
been modified. I think the text type is mapped to memo fields which Access
cannot use as a primary key. If a table does not have a primary key it
will use the fields of the original record as sort of combined key to
identify the record. If any field is changed this will then generate the
message. It may be that if you set the Row Versioning flag in the postgres
ODBC driver this may resolve the problem.

Laurie

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.